Saturday, January 10, 2009

Busy Year So Far

This has been a very busy start to the new year.

We made another trip to the park to feed the ducks. Meme & Poppy joined us.



Our garden has spouted!

This Thursday was Muffins with Mom Day at the kids preschool. I joined the rest of the Moms sitting in miniature chairs in Jerry's class that came for breakfast. His teacher Ms. Cathy gave everyone a plate with a mini muffin and 3 donut holes. Jerry quickly ate the muffin & donut holes on MY plate and then started on his. According to his teacher, he is quiet & shy-just so good all the time. What? Apparently he is leading a double life-She can't possible be talking about our kid!
That night we ordered pizza for dinner - Lil' Jerry ate four slices. I got up from the table to get something to drink. When I came back, all of the pepperoni had migrated from my pizza to his. I pointed to my pizza and asked him what had happened. He held his hands up and said "Wheredit go?" and did this fake laugh that his Meme taught him. I didn't get my pepperoni back.
Friday I received a call from the assistant director at the preschool. She was so excited to call and tell me the Jerry had gone to the potty after nap! Whoohoo! A big step in the potty training - sorry the new PC phrase in early childhood is "toilet learning".
Today we went to the Festival of Fairy tales with Aunt Jenni & Taylor and our friends Shawnda, Fayth, Tammy and Gabby. We had breakfast for everyone at our house before the event. Even the grown-ups got into it - we wore tiara's. We had such a good time. Games, crafts and Red Riding Hood had "gagas" All the kids dress up as characters from their favorite fairy tales and books.


Jerry danced the day away with the Princesses.


When he wasn't dancing - he was stalking the dog - McGruff the Crime Dog.

The kids even got to pick out a free book as they left. They had set up a little library area for the children. I left the decision up to him and I am so proud of our son. Books are a big thing in our house-a big part of how we spend our evenings. He browsed through the books like a pro-picking up and setting down several. Then he found a picture book on trains. He brought me the book and yelled "choo-choo!" Big Jerry and I are staying up to watch the news -two of the local stations did close ups of Jerry in is Beast costume. He did stand out - since he did not look like a tulle powder puff. We just saw him on CBS!!!! Taylor too!!!

Typical guy attracted to the diamond plate














Miss Muffet's Tuffet in the Mother Goose relay race. They had to jump over candle sticks, spoon race with Humpty Dumpty and then pop the tuffet.




I can't wait for our little princess to go next year.

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing group!!! I am in love with all of these kids. I love that your pepperoni was snatched and the well-taught laugh came in handy. I will be going next year and maybe in costume! From the ducks and garden to the dog-stalking and little princess who stayed home with Dada and watched football this is precious. love you meme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meme was sitting on a park bench holding Miss Haddie while watching Papi and Dada play on the slide and the jungle gym ... Heather sat with me and took pictures. warm sun good looking men beautiful children a daughter who is an awesome friend as well ... hmmm I am a blessed woman.

    ReplyDelete